Installing Python on NT

Lee Malatesta brokeninside at my-deja.com
Mon Apr 24 16:36:50 EDT 2000

I'm interested in installing Python on a properly battened down NT
workstation for which I do not have administrative priveledges.  This is
my workstation at work.  Mostly I just want to play around with
SGMLtools which is largely written in Python.  The installer told me
that I have to install logged in as administrator.  This is the first
program I've installed where this was necessary.  Unfortuntely for me to
install this as admin, I'd have to put in a request to PC support, they
would have to review to see if there is a need for me to have Python
installed and then send one of the PC support personelle out to install
for me.

Anyone know of anyway I can circumvent the need to be root to install?

BTW, for the most part I use the Workstation as an Xterminal to do work
on our Solaris boxes, but I'm not even going to start on the
administrative nightmare that would be required to get SGMLtools
installed on our Solaris machines which already have python installed.

Thanks much,

-lee

Lee Malatesta
Unix Programmer by Day, Wild Eyed Mystic by Night

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.