Unicode program representation

fredrik at pythonware.com fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Apr 4 05:32:38 EDT 2000

Francois Pinard wrote:
> > hmm.  wouldn't that mean that we end up using different encodings in
> > different parts of the script?  feels a little scary, to say the
least...

> This is very likely to happen, but this should not be seen as scary.
>
> Modules handling linguistic or cultural matters might come from
various
> sources, which sources do not necessarily use the same encodings, but
yet
> be used simultaneously in a program building on them all.

sure, I'm all for letting different *scripts* (or different
modules in a larger program) use different encodings; say
utf-8 in some files, iso latin 2 in another, chinese in a
third one...

what scares me is if we end up with multiple encodings in the
same source file.

(and no, it's not because we're developing a python
development environment -- supporting this in our python
editor would be fairly trivial ;-)

</F>

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.