Sourceforge and Python

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Apr 25 19:46:59 EDT 2000

Hi, people.

Bruno Haible is convincing me to put `recode' in an open source environment,
like `sourceforge', say.  I have been reluctant to CVS so far (for various
reasons), and if I was doing such a move, I would like to bring `recode'
a bit closer to Python, in one way or another, given this is easily doable.
Just to make things clear, `recode' is C code currently, this is not Python.

So, merely beginning to explore the possibility, I'm asking for advice
on this list, as to if there is environments offering a set of services
similar to `sourceforge', but that would be especially Python-using,
or Python-aware.  Of course, and also given some recent saga reported on
this list, stability and availability are parts of the requirements :-).

It would be tempted to think such a site might be a better investment of
energies in the long run, presumably.  But I may also be wrong, and it might
not be an important criterion, after all.  Tell me if you have an opinion.