V - GUIDO !!! was Re: Pirate -> RAD

Martin Oti M.Oti at warande.uu.nl
Mon Sep 6 05:06:15 EDT 1999

Hever, Zsolt wrote:

> I have something in Tkinter. I offer it if there is a question on the
> mailing list and I think it could be useful in connection with it;-)
>
> The code is at:
> http://www.nexus.hu/hever/prog/vu/visualut.py <=main program
> http://www.nexus.hu/hever/prog/vu/frameobj.py <= module
> http://www.nexus.hu/hever/prog/vu/vu.gif    <= help, a picture of the
> program
>
> You can save a canvas theme and load it later by the program. (It loads
> after you have opened a canvas .) You can move, connect and delete the
> elements on the canvas. It is a simple demo.
> There is no code generation. I thought that some day there will be a
> property window.
> I have found a good example in the Python source code
> /demo/tkinter/guido/AttrDialog.py for it.
>
> I hope that it might give some idea, however it isn't wxPython.

Not being clueful enough to help out with the V-GUIDO project I hesitate
to butt in with my opinion, but I believe that if V-GUIDO is to be as
portable as Python is, it would be best to implement it using Tkinter.
wxPython isn't as portable as Tkinter and doesn't come as part of the
standard Python distribution.

Maybe Zsolt's code could be used as a starting point?

Just a suggestion.

Martin