Source line number for log purpose (newbie)

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Sat Sep 25 22:38:28 EDT 1999

Siggy Brentrup <bsb at baal.infodrom.north.de> écrit:

> Just another idea: abuse a functions __doc__ string

:-) :-)
I should surely at least learn using them, before abusing them...

> Btw, do you grant permission to use, copy and modify ...?

Yes, no problem in this case.  Conditions are not clearly stated, it's true.
For FSF works, I was using the big legalistic GPL comment which is usual
to them, but otherwise, I just use three lines, routinely, in almost every
file I write, and I merely included a whole file in my previous message.
Maybe it would be wiser to add a fourth line summarising copying conditions,
but that would make a _lot_ of files to modify :-).