Help! Zope import problems

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Tue Sep 21 07:09:14 EDT 1999

tetragramaton at my-deja.com wrote:

> I've been playing with Zope for a few days, and while I totally
> love it, I've got a weird problem. When I try to use external
> methods, not all of the module imports are available. For example,
> if I have a file MyLib.py which includes a "from DateTime import *",
> when I set up an external method from Zope, the code fails because it
> doesn't see the classes that I imported from the DateTime module.
>
> It seems like I'm missing something. Any ideas?

Could it be that you have more than one DateTime package
on your Python path ? My mxDateTime package uses the same name
as the Zope internal package.

Note that I am going to move to a new naming scheme in a few
weeks or months. All my packages will then live under the
top-level package name 'mx', e.g. mx.DateTime, mx.ODBC, etc.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
Y2000:                                                   101 days left