PIL questions

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Sep 21 02:57:52 EDT 1999

Joel Davis <joeld at anisci.com> wrote:
> I am using Python Imaging Lib, and trying to scale images of arbirary
> sizes to 128x128. If I do
> newimg = srcimg.resize( (128, 128) )
>
> this works as long as srcimg is larger than 128x128, but I can't get it
> to make srcimg larger...How can I enlarge an image?

sure looks like your build is broken...

but since you don't mention version number, platform,
what distribution you're using, or what actually happens
when you try to make an image larger, there's not much
else I can do...

> also, is there any documentation for PIL outside of reading the souce
> files themselves?

the README file is usually a good place to start:

    The main distribution site for this software is:

     http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/

    That site also contains information about free and commercial support
    options, PIL add-ons, answers to frequently asked questions, and more.

    The PIL handbook is not included in this distribution; to get the
    latest version, check:

     http://www.pythonware.com/library.htm

</F>