More Pythonic?

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Tue Sep 14 17:04:31 EDT 1999

In article <37de5fa5.0 at news.cyberway.com.sg>,
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps at post1.com> wrote:
>According to Aahz Maruch <aahz at netcom.com>:
>>
>> For a variety of reasons, my group is unhappy with urllib (obvious to
>> anyone who has tried to make extensive use of it, I think).  I'm getting
>> ready to write a wrapper for httplib,
>
>Please design the interface flexible enough to handle X.509
>certificates.

Well, this was not necessarily going to be for public consumption, but
if Jeremy's code does what we want, we'll probably just use that for
now.  We're still going to need something that can interface with
asyncore later on, and SSL support will be very handy at that point.

>I've just enhanced httplib and urllib to handle https, and I did
>not see an easy way to do the above with the existing interface.
>Certificate authentication and verification is next on my todo, and I
>was going to start on a new interface.

If we do write something along those lines, I'll try to keep that in
mind.

(I don't mind releasing code to the public, but I *hate* maintaining
it. ;-)
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>      http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6  (if you want to know, do some research)