newbie: Why Py_Initialize( ) doesn't work in VC6.0

Mark Hammond MHammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Sep 7 20:42:17 EDT 1999

Owen F. Ransen wrote in message <37d68a7d.6654170 at news.newsguy.com>...
>On Tue, 24 Aug 1999 17:24:18 +0800, "Bing Chen" <BC at prism.co.nz>
>wrote:
>
>>Hi, all
>>I try to emed Python into my application, follow the manual setting the
>>project in VC6.0. In Object/library modules: python15.lib
>>Bing

Actually, with Python 1.5.2, you do not need to specify python15.lib -
indeed, it is recommended you do not - mainly because in a debug build, you
need to use python15_d.lib.  Since Python 1.5.2, Python has special magic in
its header files to automatically insert a reference to the correct library
file based on the DEBUG macro.  All you should need to do is add the _path_
to these files on your global lib directories (under
Tools->Options->Directories - or something like that!)

Mark.