Nolan's question of the day: distributed servers?

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Thu Sep 30 17:47:16 EDT 1999

Aahz Maruch <aahz at netcom.com> wrote in message
news:7svmsk$j5r at dfw-ixnews21.ix.netcom.com...
> In article <87btal3td5.fsf at ethereal.dhis.org>,
> Nolan Darilek  <nolan at ethereal.dhis.org> wrote:
> >
> >So, a network of namespaces will exist, each accessing either a
> >database or a server. My current concern, though, is that the server
> >shouldn't have to know how every single object on every single server

> A thought occurs to me: if Zope has a mechanism for replication, you
> might try building your system on top of it.
> --

Zope (or more specifically, digicool - Data Creations) has a commercial
product description that I stumbled over today that sounds like it does
this.  I just looked it up
http://www.digicool.com/Solutions/ZEOFactSheet.pdf is all I found now,
but earlier, it was described as alpha level.

--

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com