May I embed IDLE into my Windows application?

Guido van Rossum guido at cnri.reston.va.us
Thu Sep 2 08:35:56 EDT 1999

"Bing Chen" <BC at prism.co.nz> writes:

> I try to embed IDLE into my Windows application. It is crash when
> _tkinter.pyd is opened. Has anyone successed to embed any python editor into
> Windows application? I need your suggestion. Thanks gurus

What does it say when it crashes?

My guess is that the path to the Tcl library is not found.  Try adding
C:/Program Files/Tcl/bin (or wherever you've installed Tcl/Tk 8.0) to
the PATH variable.  (Recently, someone posted details here on how to
use regedit to change the path for a specific application; search
Deja.com for Python, Path and AppPath.  If someone still has that
post, would they mind adding it to the FAQ wizard?)