May I embed IDLE into my Windows application?

Bing Chen BC at prism.co.nz
Thu Sep 2 21:24:41 EDT 1999

Thanks for your help.  I found it crashes,VC6 say "runtime error, abnomal
program temination." I guess when VC6 debug my program, _tkinter.pyd
conflict debugger, so I replace _tkinter.pyd with _tkinter_d.pyd, I am not
sure I am right. Maybe I need pass some reference let Python know it is
debugging.
At this stage I just use PyRun_SimpleFile(NULL,"IDLE"), want embed IDLE as
my pop-up editor in my application,do you think I need pass any global
variables to IDLE ?  When I use _tkinter_d.pyd, it doesn't crash, but IDLE
still doesn't work.  I want Python as an extension  language embedded in my
application, I have to embed an editor. Do you have any suggestion?

Many Thanks
BC