Garbage Collection in Python - current status of issue?

Ian Clarke I.Clarke at strs.co.uk
Wed Sep 22 10:50:21 EDT 1999

Hi all,

Firstly, I know that this subject tends to ignite flame wars and so I
urge anyone to ensure they are familiar with the FAQ entry on GC and all
information pointed to by it (it is quite interesting reading anyway)
before replying to this post.  I urge anyone else to ignore anyone who
obviously hasn't done this.

The FAQ (and related pages), however, while pointing out what the
various arguments and counter-arguments are, do not indicate whether
there is any ongoing work in this area - so is there any ongoing work in
this area?  What is the current status of this issue?

Cheers,

Ian.

--
"Don't throw your PC out the window, throw Windows out of
 your PC, and install Linux"