Garbage Collection in Python - current status of issue?

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Tue Sep 28 16:08:41 EDT 1999

In article <37F12223.DA26BB36 at maxtal.com.au>,
skaller  <skaller at maxtal.com.au> wrote:

>Finally, there is an even worse problem with threading, particularly
>on Linux. Boehm has to stop the world to do garbage collection.  On
>Solaris, this is no problem, since Solaris threads are grouped within a
>process. On linux, there are no threads: all threads are processes, and
>stopping the world has to stop the whole system.

This is the first time I've heard that claim about threads on Linux; can
you point me at some resources that discuss the issue in general
(without assuming that you're in the middle of writing a program)?
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>      http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6  (if you want to know, do some research)