bsddb module

Adrian Eyre a.eyre at optichrome.com
Wed Sep 15 08:01:37 EDT 1999

I was trying to build the Python source the other day, and noticed that the
bsddb module needed some other source in order to build. When I finally
located
the source, I found that the licensing agreement was such that it could not
be
used commercially. Does this imply that the Python 1.5 installer's version
of
bsddb.pyd also falls under the same agreement, or is it built with a
different
version of the source code?

The version I used was at: http://www.sleepycat.com/db/

Adrian Eyre <mailto:a.eyre at optichrome.com>
Optichrome Computer Solutions Ltd
Maybury Road, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5HX, UK
Tel: +44 1483 740 233  Fax: +44 1483 760 644
http://www.optichrome.com