Turing Compliant?

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Mon Sep 6 23:40:14 EDT 1999

In article <slrn7t8kqq.jne.wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net>,
William Tanksley <wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net> wrote:
>On 6 Sep 1999 23:22:23 GMT, Aahz Maruch wrote:
>>
>>Consider the real numbers in the range 0.0 through 1.0.  They are
>>bounded but infinite.
>
>Oh, and for an equally technical nit-pick: contrary to your claim, none of
>the numbers in the range between 0.0 and 1.0 are infinite.  The
>cardinality of the set, OTOH, is infinite and unbounded.

"They" refers to "real numbers 0.0 through 1.0"; "they" is a set
reference.  And it certainly is a bounded set because you cannot have
numbers smaller than 0.0 nor larger than 1.0.
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>      http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6  (if you want to know, do some research)