ANN: Biopython.org (Call for Participation)

sasman9420 at my-deja.com sasman9420 at my-deja.com
Wed Sep 15 15:26:21 EDT 1999

I am very interested in becoming a part of the
biopython project but I am new to these types of
forums. Could someone please let me know how I can
get involved with writing code(how do you get a
topic for code developement) and the scientific
discussions.
Thanks for your time and help.
Peter Tait

In article
<Pine.GSO.3.96.990913161659.13584A-100000 at saga3.St
anford.EDU>,
  Jeffrey Chang <jefftc at leland.Stanford.EDU>
(http://www.biopython.org/) is a new open
> collaborative effort to develop freely available
Python libraries and
> applications that address the needs of current
and future work in
> bioinformatics, including sequence analysis,
structural biology, pathways,
> expression data, etc.  When available, the
source code will be released
> as open source
(http://www.biopython.org/License.shtml) under
terms
> similar to Python.
>
> This is a Call for Participation for interested
people to join the
> project.  We are hoping to attract people from a
diverse set of
> backgrounds to help with code development, site
maintenance, scientific
> discussion, etc.  This project is open to
everyone.  If you're interested,
> please visit the web page, join the biopython
mailing list, and let us

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/