Dialect, A Python derived environment (and language ?)

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Thu Sep 23 04:27:15 EDT 1999

Ionel Simionescu <ionel at psy.uva.nl> wrote:
> Hi,

> It seems that Python got a child.
> (Nice feature: makes an exe right away.)

Interesting that they don't mention Python anywhere in their reference manual,
which I just browsed through. They say it's inspired by Basic, but it looks
like Python with some of the nice syntax taken out. It's probably an
implementation from scratch, but it looks quite possible to make a
front end to Python that reads Dialect code. It's too close to Python
in syntax for this to be an independent development..

Of course, they can do whatever they like. :)

Regards,

Martijn