Queue class deadlocking application

Nathan Clegg nathan at islanddata.com
Wed Sep 1 16:23:50 EDT 1999

On 01-Sep-99 Gordon McMillan wrote:
> How do you know the queue size if you only ever use put_nowait and
> get_nowait <wink>?

Okay, okay...I do a qsize() now and then, but the code is not dependent on
it, nor do I ever use a blocking get or put.  I've also found that the
problem is totally non-existent if I remove the consumer or decrease the
number of producers to one.  I should try two to see if that's safe or
not...

Thanks for putting some time into it, though.  It's quite important that
this application run robustly enough to be left unmonitored.  The worst
part of this is that I can't even check for it, as it seems to freeze up
all the threads...I'm going to also enter a new thread that does nothing
with the queue but check its size and see if it survives.

Nathan Clegg
 nathan at islanddata.com