Queue class deadlocking application

Nathan Clegg nathan at islanddata.com
Wed Sep 1 12:53:56 EDT 1999

When I had only one producer and one consumer, the Queue class was a great
performer for me in my multithreaded (threading module) application.  When
I went up to four producers, I found the app deadlocking at seemingly
random locations, freezing all threads.  The only operations ever
performed are put_nowait and get_nowait.  The application freezes when the
queue size is anywhere from 20-50 in size, and the data objects themselves
are simple strings.  The max queue size is 10,000.  Again, with only one
producer, no problems.

Has anyone ever run into this before?  Can someone say with some certainty
that my problem lies not in Queue but another area?  I have only one queue
and it is the only shared data, so I have no implemented any mutexes or
signals myself.  Any ideas, hints, or questions?  Thanks...

Nathan Clegg
 nathan at islanddata.com