Adding manual access to IDLE

Mark Hammond MHammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Sep 2 01:32:25 EDT 1999

Jesse Weinstein wrote in message <37CDB31B.EFF at loop.com>...
>I realise that my code is rather unportable ;) but I don't know how to
>get more portable code, such as portable browser or doc location.  If
>anyone can help, it would be gratefully apreacieated.

I can help with _less_ portable code <wink>

For Windows, it may make sense to attempt an import of "win32api" - if that
succeeds, you have access to WinExec() which will invoke the correct program
registered for HTML, and also to the registry functions that you can use to
get the location of the help files (assuming they have not been moved since
installation.

Mark.