bsddb module

Adrian Eyre a.eyre at optichrome.com
Thu Sep 16 11:12:53 EDT 1999

> You are probably confused by the BSDDB versioning.  The bsddb module
> that comes with the Python source code requires Berkeley-db *version
> 1.85*.  I don't know where to find that, but I expect that there are
> plenty of ftp archives that have it (do a websearch).  Anyway, the
> copy of bsddb 1.85 that I have has a plain vanilla BSD style license
> allowing commercial use etc. -- so I'm confident that the installer is
> fine.

I managed to find it, but it seems to need a bit of work to port to
win32. Is the version that you use available via CVS?

Adrian Eyre <mailto:a.eyre at optichrome.com>
Optichrome Computer Solutions Ltd
Maybury Road, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5HX, UK
Tel: +44 1483 740 233  Fax: +44 1483 760 644
http://www.optichrome.com