[Newbie] test_signal hangs

Lynn Siprelle lynn at siprelle.com
Tue Sep 14 19:53:29 EDT 1999

Hi there--

I'm totally new to Python, haven't even written a Hello World yet,
because I'm still trying to get it up and running on my fershlugginer
system. I'm wanting to experiment with Python and Zope on my iServer
websites. OK, so I figured out how to compile Python (the iServer
environment tricks the configure script into thinking it's on a NeXT
box, so you have to go in and manually change configure.h to comment out
the dyld stuff). And now I'm trying to run the test set, but it hangs on
test_signal--I let it run for more than an hour, and it just sat there.

Should I even care? Or is this a real problem?