How do I shell-out on Win32 systems with python?

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Tue Oct 12 00:36:54 EDT 1999

In article <000301bf143d$c45db7a0$f1a2143f at tim>,
Tim Peters <tim_one at email.msn.com> wrote:
>[yinger]
>> I know that on Unix systems you can use the commands  or the popen
>> modules.
>>
>> What do I have to do to get the output from a command (like 'dir', or a
>> batch file) executed on a Win32 system?
>
>It's a crap shoot.  If you're going to do this a lot, buy and install a
>"real shell" (like 4NT).

Better yet, use the equivalent Python commands in the os module or
install the CygWin utilities so you can use the same commands on Windoze
and Unix.
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>      http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6  (if you want to know, do some research)