Running python as a deamon (rfork)

henk_p at my-deja.com henk_p at my-deja.com
Tue Oct 12 08:34:01 EDT 1999

mmm, I was wrong about the rfork being POSIX,
just because it is "unistd.h" on my freebsd box, doesn't make it POSIX?

I will try the normal fork solution, but does this not simply create a
new process with the invoking shell as it's parent process??.
If I log out, I want the process to continue, so in some way it has to
detach itself from the shell parent process. I was under the impression
that this is what the rfork(NOWAIT) function does and the normal fork
does not.

Henk.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.