ANN: (the eff-bot guide to) The Standard Python Library

Jeff Bauer jbauer at rubic.com
Mon Oct 18 21:13:59 EDT 1999

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> (the eff-bot guide to) The Standard Python Library
> is now available from fatbrain.com.

One followup to Fredrik's announcement.  If you
decide it purchase the material through FatBrain,
set up your account *first*, and then place
your order.  I tried a one-time order, and the
system got me locked out.  It's obviously *not*
written in Python. ;-)  The FatBrain people are
helpful and responsive, so I have no major
complaints.  I'm looking forward to reading
Fredrik's current (and future) endeavors.  Maybe
one day I'll figure out that zfill is already
included in the Standard Library. ;-)

Nostalgia Trip:  At the October '97 conference
in San Jose, I drove Andrew Kuchling, Konrad
Hinsen, and Christian Tismer(?) out to the
"Computer Literacy Bookstore".  That was the
original name for what is now "FatBrain."

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon Research