ANN: (the eff-bot guide to) The Standard Python Library

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Oct 18 10:24:52 EDT 1999

looks like this is going to be a busy week, bookwise.
david beazley's "python essential reference" is to be
released tomorrow, tim altom's "programming with
python" on wednesday, and there's a whole crop of
books to be released in the near future, including
books by ken macdonald, ivan van laningham, and
martin brown.

but I'm first!!! ;-)

I've sifted through my postings to this newsgroup,
and squeezed over 300 scripts into a 256-page vol-
ume.  most of the material is updated, and I've
added lots of new material in order to cover the
entire standard library.

you'll find the full announcement below.

as for my upcoming tkinter book, I'm now focussing
on getting that one through production.  watch my
status page for current info on that one.

anyway, hope you'll find this one useful!

</F>

--- actual announcement follows:

(the eff-bot guide to) The Standard Python Library
is now available from fatbrain.com.

Compiled from nearly 2,500 newsgroup postings by
Python veteran Fredrik Lundh, this book provides
sample scripts for all the standard modules in the
Python library.  This includes extensive coverage
of networking, file formats, data conversions, data
storage, threads and processes, and much more.

Initially, this book is available in electronic form
only, to be read on screen or printed for personal
use.  See the fatbrain site for more info.

For more information on the book itself, and where
to obtain it, see:

--- end