Disk access going mental with Pythonwin?

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Oct 12 04:04:30 EDT 1999

[Apols if this shows up twice - I think my ISP's news server is not
propagating correctly - original msgid
is<7thfas$kam$1 at m2.c2.telstra-mm.net.au>]

Ummm - sheepishly, I admit that would be Pythonwin.  Pythonwin has a
feature that automatically detects if the file you are editing has
been modified externally.  This check is done in idle time, and each
time you move the
mouse (then stop moving it), Pythonwin enters its idle state.

I really should add a config option to control this, but currently it
is always turned on...

If you like, I could assist in hacking the .py files in Pythonwin to
disable this all together (basically, find  "def
_AddReloadIdleHandler(self):", comment out the single line, and add a
"pass" - probably in pywin\framework\editor\editor.py (but depends on
the pythonwin version)

Mark.

<37FBCB5A.D461E873 at darwin.in-berlin.de>...