Text/Cursor User Interface with Python [Redhat?]

Preston Landers prestonlanders at my-deja.com
Thu Oct 14 13:10:58 EDT 1999

Hey there,

I've just discovered that the Redhat Linux 6.1 installer is written in
Python and includes a text-based 'GUI' (dialog boxes, menus, selection
lists, etc.)  It appears to use the newt toolkit (which depends on
slang) and a special Redhat-developed pythonlib library.

I haven't got into it much yet but it looks like it could be what I
need.  (The problem is that I'm stuck on an ancient slackware box at
work and can't extract the sourec from the pythonlib SRPM until I get
home.)

I'm going to play around with it this weekend and I'll report back to
the newsgroup.

thanks,

---Preston

--