LOCALE + NT

Arpad Kiss sekter at mail.matav.hu
Mon Oct 25 18:04:26 EDT 1999

Janos Blazi <jblazi at netsurf.de> wrote in message
news:anglicanism-7v1gp8/INN-2.2.1/assemble at broadway.news.is-europe.net...
> Can ANYBODY tell me how to use a German locale on NT 4.0? After all, NT
> shoul offer POSIX support and that shoulb be anough, shouldn't i?

 On my Windows NT box the system default is Hungarian, but the locale module
partly works:
number and date/time formatting is ok, sort order is wrong.
I think you can set the German locale this way:
import locale
locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL,'de')
After this number and time formatting should work automaticly. For sorting I
tried to use locale.strcoll, but the return values of this function aren't
correct for Hungarian locale.
Arpad Kiss