eff-bot Python book ... revisited

Scott Barron kain at twilight.
Thu Oct 28 15:52:15 EDT 1999

Hey folks,

I've downloaded and just about finished the ematter from fatbrain.  I must say
this is an excellent book for the price.  While not really a beginner's book
it makes a fantastic 'tips and tricks' manual.  Great job Fredrik, I know I
definitely appreciate your effort and will get great use from this book.

On to the fatbrain flames (Hey, I gotta jump on the bandwagon).  It's a great
concept but, along with anything still in its infancy, could use a little work.
I had a bit of trouble connecting to the registration server and it took me
about 45 minutes before I could actually open the book.  Of course, I dislike
the fact that I can only open the file on one machine, but if you *really* want
to read it on another machine and platforM, it is possible.  I don't know how
legal that is so I'll let you figure that out on your own.

Anyway, I hope to see more Python ebooks published in the future.  Its a great
thing if you want to read a book on the road (easier than scanning a real
book!).  I can't wait for your Tkinter books Fredrik, keep up the great work!

Scott