Implementing COM-interfaces in Python

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Oct 25 18:58:18 EDT 1999

> How do you implement custom COM-interfaces in Python? I read in the
> tutorial that you need to supply a list of strings in the variable
> _com_interfaces_ ... but is that sufficient for interfaces
> you declared
> yourself?

Python can not use vtable based COM interfaces without C++ glue code.
This means you will probably need to write a PythonCOM extension
module.  There are tools we use to automate that process - the 2 that
exist now are SWIG (slightly modified) and a tool included in the
win32com package (win32com.makegw).

Mark.