Python/Tkinter _and_ COM on win32 platform?

Siggy Brentrup bsb at north.de
Mon Oct 25 13:03:24 EDT 1999

Hello,

sorry to bother you with this one, at present I can't search the
archives.

I have a program written in Python 1.5.2 using sgmllib and the
PmwScrolledText widget to most of it's strength which a friend wants
to incorporate in her Delphi program on Win95.

As expected, porting my program to the win32 platform reduced to
ruling out some minor problems with mixed case filenames.
Thanks to whoever built the py152 installer.

My problem is, I have no clue on COM programming. As far as I
understand, my Python program has to register as a COM server
providing methods to be called from Delphi.

In the standard libs I found no mention of COM while pythonwin doesn't
support Tkinter.

Maybe /F-bot can point me in the right direction ;-)

I hope there is a way without writing an extension module, that might
become a major problem without a C compiler for the win32 platform.

Thanks
  Siggy

--
Siggy Brentrup - bsb at north.de - http://www.north.de/~bsb/