Snippet request: Connecting to databases

Hans Nowak ivnowa at hvision.nl
Fri Oct 22 10:29:17 EDT 1999

Due to the overwhelming response to my previous question, I'll ask
another. ;-)

The request is kinda easy... I'm looking for snippets to connect to
databases. Any OS goes, idem for database (SQL Server, Access, Oracle,
...). A simple demonstration of how to connect and how to read a record
or so, would do, although additional information (about requirements and
such; which modules are needed, etc) is always welcome.

Due to our f.. fine proxy server, I don't have access to lots of sites
anymore, including DejaNews. *frown* So I can't look it up there. I was
hoping some of you are willing to share some code.

TIA,