ObjC / GNUstep?

Bjoern.Giesler at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de Bjoern.Giesler at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Oct 6 09:12:39 EDT 1999

Hi,

after turning away from all that stuff for a while, the recent developments
on the GNUstep front (esp. the emergence of V0.6 "Dawn") have made me
interested in ObjC/GNUstep again. I've browsed through the ObjC-SIG's mailing
list archives, and it looks like PyObjC 0.55 is the current version. I have
a couple of problems with it, though:

	o there is no Demo directory (as announced in the README)
	o I haven't managed to get anything AppKit-related running; the
	  program segfaults when creating a NSWindow.

Can anyone provide me with more information? The combination OpenStep /
Python seems a natural one, and I'd really like to use it...

TIA,
		--Björn

PS Thanks to all those folks who replied to my "Do you read me?" post...
still doesn't work, though. I regularly send mail from a laptop hooked up to
an IP-Masquerading dialup server that dials into my university's PPP server;
works fine for any mail, but doesn't reach python-list. Strange. This is
typed directly on the university's box in elm; that works for some reason.
If anyone could shine some light on that, I'd be EXTREMELY thankful, as I
just don't get it.
--
--------------------------------/\--One OS to rule them all---Windows NT-----
Bjoern Giesler                 /  \  One OS to find them