Module for generic platform information: platform.py

Uwe Zessin zessin at my-deja.com
Fri Oct 29 07:53:25 EDT 1999

In article <3819705B.6078E0C9 at lemburg.com>,
  "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal at lemburg.com> wrote:
> FYI, I've uploaded a new version with experimental Java and win32
> support which you may want to test (version 0.5.0):
>
>         http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/platform.py
>
> To see if it works on your platform, simply run the script.
>
> Things that are still missing:
> · support for MacOS
> · support for Amiga, OS/2, MS-DOS and VMS
                                        ***

I decided to wait some time to allow the more popular ports to
'shake out' and then try to understand the module.

Being a non-Unix person it is not always apparent to me what
value is supposed to be returned from the different functions.

It also looks like I need to do some enhancements in the OpenVMS
port - e.g. it's currently missing uname() support.

--
Uwe Zessin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.