eff-bot's The Standard Python Library

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Fri Nov 5 13:18:46 EST 1999

Hi All--

Randall Hopper wrote:

[bobbitt]

>      Install note: No luck running it on NT4; no GUI or console messages
> appeared at all, though I didn't have Acroread installed there (possibly
> what confused it, though I would still have expected an error message).

I have NT4.0 SP5; the Acrobat reader installed correctly, even told me
that Acrobat 3.0 was installed and that I should uninstall that.  I
chose not to, because I have a licensed copy of the Acrobat Exchange pdf
generator and so on along with 3.0.

I did have to go in and edit the path to the Acrobat executable in file
associations, though, in order to get pdf files to be read by 4.0.

<my-nt-is-smarter-than-yours>-ly y'rs,
Ivan;0)
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
ivanlan at callware.com
ivanlan at home.com
http://www.pauahtun.org
See also:
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70