Beginning programming with Python

Gerrit Holl gerrit.holl at pobox.com
Fri Nov 19 08:01:08 EST 1999

Janos Blazi wrote:
> > the less time it costs to program it, the more time it costs to run it,
> > the more time it costs to program it, the less time it costs to run it.
>
> Is this some law of nature I missed at university?

Well, no. I'm 14 :-)

> But obviously, as far as raw speed is concerned Python cannot compete with
> C. Nobody can attempt to deny that.

Yes

> So if speed is an issue for you, use C.

But if *development* speed is an issue, use Python.

> Or even assembly language.
> If you do not like Python, use C anyway. Why not? Actually I do not care.

I like Python. Some people don't like Python *because* of it's easy syntax,
but I find that hard to believe.

regards,
Gerrit.

--
"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
(Linus Torvalds about the superiority of Linux on the Amterdam