Python books

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Nov 23 09:58:02 EST 1999

Ivan Van Laningham <ivanlan at callware.com> wrote:
> If "Python Annotated Archives" is /F's book, it's already out as an
> eMatter book.  Visit www.python.org for details on how to get it.

(or see below ;-)

well, the eff-bot guide is definitely an annotated script
collection, but I think Hans was referring to Martin Brown's
upcoming pMatter book; here's fatbrain's description of it:

http://www1.fatbrain.com/asp/BookInfo/BookInfo.asp?theisbn=0072121041&from=GTY867

in short: $50, 800 pages, available in december

(a wild guess is that this book will feature less scripts
and more annotations, but I haven't seen it.  but I've
heard rumours that it'll contain an eff-bot script or
two...)

</F>

<!-- (the eff-bot guide to) the standard python library:
-->