Python and sending emails with it

Jeremy Misavage tekhir at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 13 22:34:10 EST 1999

I'm kinda new to python and I'm trying to write a small program that will take
in form data, save it in a db, and then send an email to a person.

The program processes a users request for a "equipment request."  It gets
loggged in a db (already done) and sends an email to the person in change of the
equipment.  I need help on the email part.  Does some out there have some code
that will taken data and send it to a person.  It shouldn't need a username and
password, but if it does I'll live with that.