Python and sending emails with it

Joe Cotellese joecot1 at bellatlantic.net
Sat Nov 13 22:54:49 EST 1999

Well it depends.  You can generally use the SMTPLIB module for sending mail.
It works pretty well.  I have however found it to have problems sending mail to
a Worldmail (Eudora) server.

The library is smtplib.py and it has a usage sample at the bottom of the module.

Regards,
Joe Cotellese

 Jeremy Misavage <tekhir at yahoo.com> wrote: > I'm kinda new to
python and I'm trying to write a small program that will take > in form data,
save it in a db, and then send an email to a person. >  > The program processes
a users request for a "equipment request."  It gets > loggged in a db (already
done) and sends an email to the person in change of the > equipment.  I need
help on the email part.  Does some out there have some code > that will taken
data and send it to a person.  It shouldn't need a username and > password, but
if it does I'll live with that.