automatic "lootjes trekken" [ was Re: automatic "lotjes trekken"]

Carel Fellinger cfelling at iae.nl
Wed Nov 24 13:47:22 EST 1999

Philip Lijnzaad <lijnzaad at ebi.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 23 Nov 1999 13:12:34 GMT,
> "Martijn" == Martijn Faassen <m.faassen at vet.uu.nl> writes:

> Martijn> Not at all. everybody here speaks Dutch anyway. (it's a conspiracy!)

> well, nearly everybody. The real word is 'lootjes', not 'lotjes'. Sorry,
> couldn't resist.

Well, the file at home *is* called lootjes-trekken.py, but somehow the
spellling got corrupted:)

OTOH, Dutch being a permissive language does allow for both variants!
"lotjes" being the generic form, "lootjes" the special case (from a
morphological point of view that is). But surely "lootjes trekken"
is the common way to refer to what we do at this time of the year.
--
groetjes, carel