Python List

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Tue Nov 23 12:09:17 EST 1999

Many people recently reported that the python-list at python.org has
seemed a bit too quiet lately, a phenomenon that can't be blamed on
the impending US Thanksgiving holiday.  I figured out what happened:
since Nov 17, nothing that was posted to comp.lang.python got gated to
the mailing list.

The good news is that I can fix this easily and that none of those
messages are lost (we never expire comp.lang.python on our news
server) so you /will/ get caught up.

The bad news is that when I unwedge this, the list is gonna get
swamped with messages.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who alerted me to the problem.

-Barry