Python complaints

Markus Stenberg mstenber at cc.Helsinki.FI
Wed Nov 24 08:35:48 EST 1999

Gareth McCaughan <Gareth.McCaughan at pobox.com> writes:
>   - Some more iteration constructs would be nice.
>
>       - do ... while

ugh. matter of taste I suppose, but I don't find that lack big deal.

>       - parallel iteration across more than one list

for list1item, list2item, list3item in map(None, list1, list2, list3):
	print 'whee', list1item, list2item, list3item

>       - a less yucky way of saying "for i in range(1,20,3)"

see above - although some special syntactic sugar would be "nice", I prefer
minimalistic approach over say, C.. of course, Dylan does it (IMNSHO)
cleanest:

for (i from 3 to 19 by 3)

Regrettably I can't tolerate Dylan's whitespace approach :P
(I write accidentally too often stuff like i-j, as opposed to i - j)

> --
> Gareth McCaughan  Gareth.McCaughan at pobox.com
> sig under construction

-Markus