.pyo's without .pyc's?

Randall Hopper aa8vb at yahoo.com
Thu May 27 09:09:31 EDT 1999

"M.-A. Lemburg":

> For minimalist Python installs, you could also check
> out the mxCGIPython project:
>
>   http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/mxCGIPython.html
>
> It's Python wrapped into a single file (with the
> standard lib compiled with -O BTW).

Pretty slick, but it doesn't compile in Tkinter.  I added a
Modules/Setup with Tkinter enabled before invoking Makefile.cgi, but it
still complained about not having Tkinter built-in (see below).

Randall

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "../../CGIPython/cgipython.py", line 27, in ?
  File "MapTool.py", line 26, in ?
    from   Tkinter      import *
  File "/home/rhh/software/PKGS/PYTHON/1.5.2/t/Python-1.5.2/Lib/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 8, in ?
    import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for Tk
ImportError: No module named _tkinter