.pyo's without .pyc's?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Thu May 27 18:35:56 EDT 1999

Randall Hopper wrote:

> "M.-A. Lemburg":
> >
> > For minimalist Python installs, you could also check
> > out the mxCGIPython project:
> >
> >   http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/mxCGIPython.html
> >
> > It's Python wrapped into a single file (with the
> > standard lib compiled with -O BTW).
>
> Pretty slick, but it doesn't compile in Tkinter.  I added a
> Modules/Setup with Tkinter enabled before invoking Makefile.cgi, but it
> still complained about not having Tkinter built-in (see below).
>
> Randall
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "../../CGIPython/cgipython.py", line 27, in ?
>   File "MapTool.py", line 26, in ?
>     from   Tkinter      import *
>   File "/home/rhh/software/PKGS/PYTHON/1.5.2/t/Python-1.5.2/Lib/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 8, in ?
>     import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for Tk
> ImportError: No module named _tkinter

You would have to edit the Makefile.cgi too because Tkinter is
explicitly excluded from the freeze.

BTW: AFAIK, Tkinter doesn't work well with freeze (at least it
didn't in previous versions of freeze.py -- might have changed
since Mark and Guido reworked it).

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
Y2000:                                                   218 days left