newbie: on winnt - Do I something wrong, or is there just nothing

Stefan Franke spamfranke at bigfoot.de
Mon May 10 10:42:28 EDT 1999

On Fri, 7 May 1999 22:22:21 +0200, "Florian W." <flowit at hotmail.com> wrote:

>Now at the office, i have to use win-N(o)T. Specially the wsh
>But VBScript is an ugly language, i would like to use something like
>PythonScript. But I don't managed to let it work (win32all, Build 123) :-(

Not sure if this is really your problem, but Pythonwin (your win32all.exe) is a
bunch of extensions wrapping several Windoze APIs. However, you have to install
the standard Python distribution *first*.

You can download the "Python 1.5.2 installer for Windows (5.0 MB)" from

   http://www.python.org/1.5/

As a starting point, I'd suggest to run tools/idle/idle.py. It's a Python IDE
written in Python itself (using Tcl/Tk, which comes with the installer).

It seems that the download pages

   http://www.python.org/1.5/  and
   http://www.python.org/download/download_windows.html

are somewhat ambigous. I'll send a note to the webmaster.

Regards,
Stefan