Oracle and Unix

kidehen at openlinksw.com kidehen at openlinksw.com
Wed May 19 08:07:31 EDT 1999

In article <MPG.11a9442688c1643298972e at news.online.no>,
  nospam at mop.no (Alexander Staubo) wrote:
> I'm looking for something which would allow me to use Oracle through
> Python on a DEC Unix system.
>
> Assume that no ODBC support is available (we can't afford the
OpenLink
> stuff, which are insanely, outlandishly expensive; and afaik there
are no
> alternative, free ODBC solutions that support Oracle).
>
> I'm not choosy about the interface -- it doesn't need to be DB API-
> compliant or anything.
>
> --
> Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
> "It has taken the planet Earth 4.5 billion years to discover it is
4.5 billion
> years old." --George Wald

How can something that is free of charge for 2 concurrent clients and
10 database session be insanely expensive ?

OpenLink provides you with a free ODBC Driver for UNIX, the Server
component allows up to 2 concurrent clients and 10 DB sessions.

Simply download from http://www.openlinksw.com

--
Best Regards,
Kingsley Idehen