Python too slow for real world

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin at cnri.reston.va.us
Mon May 3 17:03:36 EDT 1999

Nathan Clegg writes:
>>     def fixup(v, m=p.code.match, r=range(1,len(patterns)+1)):
>That is *perfect*.  Why isn't the 'code' attribute documented??
>Thanks!

	Because it's an internal thing that may go away in the future;
it should really be _code.  For example, when re.py is translated to
C, there will be little reason to expose a public code attribute.

I was offered a lot of money for my story, _John Parlabane as I Knew Him_, and
the services of a ghost to write it up from my verbal confession. (It was
assumed that, as a student, I would not be capable of coherent expression.)
    -- Robertson Davies, _The Rebel Angels_