Tcl/Tk clipboard under Windows

Michael S. Schliephake mss at kepler.de
Sat May 29 16:25:26 EDT 1999

Dear Mr. Laird,

relate to the posed question but explains your possibly problems with
the use and development of open software.
So allow me some remarks.

> Procedural question for Scriptics employees and other interested
> parties:  how should information flow from Tk's client kingdoms...
>back to the metropolitan core?  ...
> ... that the bug-tracking mechanism now in place is a bit
> clumsy for the comp.lang.tcl crowd.

> Here's a concrete instance where we can experiment....
1. If you have problems in the collaboration and communication with
Scriptics or others you should discuss this with them directly but not
use a simple question posed by me as a "provocative challenge to
existing habits of solution".

2. I think, please give me a hint if it isn't right, that the Newsgroups
are intended to discuss problems in the development with Python or
Tcl/Tk too. I observe that many people do so.

So I posed a question about a problem which could be misunderstood by me
or could be a (possibly already known) problem in one of the languages
or ... or .... I did not make a bug report. For this I had looked deeper
and contacted the appropriate person directly. I posed simply the
question if anyone has observed the same and knows possibly a solution.

I think this should be allowed without to be incorporated in discussions
I don't like to have. And I think I can expect an answer or explanation
to my question or that you start a new thread whith your opinions and
problems.

> Mr. Schliephake's patch presents a provocative challenge to existing
> habits of solution.  Can we better address it by solving a more
> general problem?

By that way, in the mean time is the problem explained and a nice
solution found. This surely took not much more time than you needed to
post the article; and a proposal adressing this concrete problem and not
the "more general" will be send to the Scriptics people in the next
days.

Michael Schliephake.